Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Planting for Christmas

Strictly speaking the purpose of this blog is to pass on sewing ideas so it is probably surprising to find a picture of bulbs on it but bear with me please.

My father is a horticulturalist by profession and as a teenager I spent many hours working at his garden centre near our family home. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit his green fingers but I did discover plants that I love - hyacinths being one of many. I love the scent that fills the house and always buy a planter filled with hyacinths around Christmas time.

This year I am determined to give as many gifts with a personal touch and these bulbs form part of my plan. I have followed my Dad's instructions and the bulbs now sit in individual pots of bulb compost in our garage being "forced" and if all goes according to plan and I remember to water them in approximately 8 weeks time they should be ready for stage 2 of my Christmas gift idea. Fingers crossed.

The sewing part of this project will definitely follow in about six weeks time and I am looking forward to sharing the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment