Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Last Minute Finishing Touches

It has been a mad couple of weeks in our home. We have had birthday celebrations, school concerts,  parties, Christmas gatherings with family and friends  and not to mention many frantic Christmas shopping trips.All of this has taken a lot of planning/juggling in amongst the final Hope & Gloria sewing clubs sessions for 2012. As always Christmas is a busy time but also it truly is the most wonderful time of the year and I love it!

When it comes to sewing or crafting of any kind Christmas never fails to bring endless inspiration and with a couple of days to go until the big day I now realise that a few of my planned sewing projects are still unfinished and will have to remain so until next year as there is still a cupboard full of presents waiting to be wrapped.

However, I am pleased that I have managed to cram in two more quick projects for the big day just in the nick of time..




Providing a fabulous setting for a wonderfully cooked Christmas lunch is part and parcel of the festivities in most homes - it certainly is in ours. Dressing the table has a huge role to play in making Christmas Day lunch feel that extra bit special and this year I have combined place settings with napkin rings to creat something personalised and special for our family's Christmas lunch.

The six napkin rings began life as plain wooden rings which I painted using a tester pot of emulsion paint. They were then sealed with Decopatch varnish which gives a light sheen. Each napkin ring is personlised using cross-stitch. I love cross-stitch - it is neat and simple and gives great results and these days there are loads of funky patterns in magazines which are easy to follow. Once our family members names were completed I fixed them to the wooden rings using double sided tape. This proved to be a really simple but effective project and they will look fab with the white table cloth, red table runner and Scandinavian style candle holders I have bought for dressing our table this year.

The white reindeer is something I have wanted to make since I found the pattern for a brown reindeer in a magazine back in October. Mine is white to match the table colour scheme and if I can finally get those presents wrapped in time I shall make a red one to accompany him on the table on Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment