Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pretty Patchwork

 This half term in our school sewing clubs we have been learning the patchwork basics. Sewing to gether squares of fabric to make a cushion and then personalising it with a felt motif.

The children have made some gorgeous cushions to make and take home - just completed in time for half term. Some will be given as presents - Valentine's Day, Family Birthdays or kept hidden until Mother's Day, and some will be proudly displayed at home straight away.

Children's Creativity never ceases to amaze me and it is great to see their own personal tastes and ideas coming through in their designs. At the start of the half term the children were showm samples that I had made (pictured below).







Then once they were given a range of lovely fabrics, templates and felt to choose from they came up with their own brilliant varied designs. A huge well done to everyone who came to a Hope & Gloria Sewing Club this half term - you were fab. Can't wait to see the results of the lovely Easter projects we will be working on after the half term hols. Here are just a few of the lovely cushions that were created...




1 comment:

  1. How cute are these.Love them.I might have go at one of these.I have a sewing machine but not much room so I have to keep putting it away so don't use it as much as I'd like but I'll never learn if I don't.

    Hugs
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete