Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Friday, May 10, 2013

The London Moonwalk



This week I was presented with a project that is completely out of the ordinary for me - bra decoration. I have to say it was a challenge I completely enjoyed and it was fun to temporarily take my leave from my normal design projects (usually involving felt), for Hope & Gloria Sewing Clubs. What is more, it was for a hugely worthy cause making it all the more enjoyable.

Tomorrow night a a very fabulous friend of mine will be doing the London Moonwalk along with two of her fabulous friends. This annual event involves thousands of women from across the UK walking the equivalent of a marathon distance through the streets of London throughout the night with their bras proudly on display. The reason is to raise money for breast cancer awareness. Last year the event raised over £8m!

I have never taken part but decorating the three bras has made me feel that I really should get my act together next year and join these amazing women in their show of sisterhood to raise awareness for this great cause. For now, I wish every woman who is taking part the very best of luck and to anyone who knows someone who is doing the London Moonwalk tomorrow night please show your support for this fab event.



No comments:

Post a Comment