Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Time To Get Organised.- A Vintage Inspired Memo Board




When I look around my workroom, making a memo board does seem like a bit of a token gesture when it comes to getting organised. This time of the year is always so busy - it's coming up to the end of the school year and we have lots of projects to get finished in our sewing clubs. Then there are next year's projects to design which I am happy to say are nearly complete. On the home front there are sports days, swimming galas and end of year parties. A few days ago a friend of mine said this time of the year feels as busy as Christmas and I think I am beginning to agree with her.

However, I wouldn't have it any other way. Hope & Gloria I am pleased to say is expanding further next year with four new school sewing clubs being launched and two lovely new members joining the Hope & Gloria Team.

With all of the above in mind it is my Summer Holiday resolution to become super organised. It's time to throw out anything that is not needed and to have a specific place for everything that is. This lovely memo board is the first step in the right direction. OK, I admit it was also an opportunity to make something lovely out of lovely Summer fabric and I have wanted to make one for a long long time but I am very pleased with the results and I now have the perfect place to put all of those notes to myself and pictures of things I plan to make instead of piling them on the corner of my desk.



It was very easy to make - I opted for 100% cotton curtain fabric as this looks smart and crisp as well as being hard wearing and easy to work with. The criss cross ribbons are pink cotton tape which works well with the candy colours of the fabric and I was delighted to find the floral fabric covered buttons which add to the vintage feel of the memo board.

All I need to do now is knock a nail a in the wall and it's time to get organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment