Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter!



These little chaps are the finishing touch for our table at lunchtime tomorrow and I have to say I am very fond of them. Along with a few flowers they will adorn the dining table when my family arrive for lunch followed by an Easter Egg hunt in the garden (my fingers are firmly crossed for good weather).


I used a pattern that I discovered over a year ago in issue 3 of Homemaker Magazine.


I "Hope & Gloria'd" their basic bunny pattern by adding some vintage style fabric to the ears and undersides of the bunnies rather than using felt and embroidered an eye instead of using a bead and I am really very pleased with the result. I also made a quick felt carrot as a finishing touch (!)

Easter is just one of the loveliest times of the year for designing and sewing and this year I have had loads of fun designing for our school sewing clubs and making decorations for the home.

This is a bunny gift bag I made for my niece and it is full of yummy chocolates,


and this is what happened to the fabric floral egg decorations from the earlier tutorials on this blog


They are now hanging over the handles of the doors in our living room bringing a splash of lovely bright colour indoors in time for tomorrow's chocolate fest'.

Wishing you a fun filled and very Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment