Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Super-Girlie Tutu



In a house full of boys (even the pet guinea pigs are male), sometimes you just want to get girlie.

That's exactly what I did this weekend when I embarked on a totally new kind of project of me - tutu making. This project was uber girlie - pink and cream tulle and satin ribbon were the order of the day (or afternoon), and the result is perfect for any young princess.




I am sorry to say that I have never had the pleasure of wearing one of these fun skirts as I was never a ballerina as a child and I am now far too old to wear one as a fashion statement(!)

I have been toying with the idea of making a tutu for a while and having a couple of spare hours on Sunday afternoon I decided to give it a go. It was a departure to not have a needle and thread in my hand as I worked with fabric and the tulle that I used is not a material that I have worked with before, but I have to say I thought it was a fun and fabulous thing to make.

New colours are already on order - I think these girlie weekend projects may be addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment