Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Friday, April 3, 2015

A Happy Easter Garland!


It has been a race against time to get this one finished in time for the Easter weekend but I am delighted to say I did it!

As you can imagine, teaching 550 children a week to sew means that we have a large quantity of scrap felt lying around at Hope & Gloria HQ. The problem has always been what to do with it. I am really pleased that this bright and cheerful Easter Garland has gone some way towards solving the problem.


This project began its life as a huge pile of scrap felt.



As you can see from the picture, my original plan was to use wooden decorations for the garland but once I began attaching them to the garland base, it just didn't feel right. It was time for a rethink and to get out my needle and thread.

This is what happened....




I am, as you know, a huge sewing enthusiast as well as a designer and I run a sewing club company, therefore there can only be sewn decorations on my Easter garland! I have to say I love how the birds and eggs turned out.

Just a few brightly coloured buttons and bows were required to finish it off and it now hangs in pride of place decorating our home before our family arrives for Easter celebrations and of course tonnes of chocolate over the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment