Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children

Hope & Gloria - Sewing Inspiration for Children
Happy Mother's Day UK

Monday, April 13, 2015

Marvellous Memo Boards



Every busy family needs a memo board - fact.

If like me you love to pin letters from schools, recipe cards, photos etc all in one place, nothing works quite as well as  memo board. It's the perfect busy family's filing system, or at least a great stop-gap until things are filed properly....

Today I finally finished making these two quilted memo boards. They are not for me, I have made them for a friend for her daughters' bedrooms. They are the simplest thing in the world to make. All you need is some chipboard, fabric, ribbon and a staple gun plus a few drawing pins. It's a brilliant way to fill a space on a wall with a splash of colour as well as being hugely practical.

Although a simple project, there are lots of ways to add a stylish touch to a memo board:



I am very partial to spotty fabric so this spotty ribbon just had to be used. I am particularly fond of the fabulous rosebud drawing pins that I used to keep the ribbon in place and make "compartments" as they really help the memo boards to "pop".

I hope the girls love these boards and that they look great adorning their walls. In fact, looking at the walls in my workroom there's a space that's just crying out for a memo board - time to get making again...!



No comments:

Post a Comment